a Business as Mission Network:: Turn Good Business and Missions into Great Ministry: What’s Your Definition of Full-Time Ministry? <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d27430628\x26blogName\x3dBusiness+as+Mission+Network::+Turn+Go...\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://businessasmission.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://businessasmission.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6117473324771524729', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Business as Mission Network:: Turn Good Business and Missions into Great MinistryTurn Good Business and Missions into Great Ministry with News, Resources, and Tools from the leading businesss leaders, authors, pastors around the world

What’s Your Definition of Full-Time Ministry?

Corey Cleek - Marketing, PassAlong Networks - "Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. Romans 12:4-5"

During the summer after I completed my MBA, as I was devoting the majority of my time to starting a Christian ministry organization with a group of graduate school friends, I took a step back to consider whether God was calling me into full-time ministry or calling me into the marketplace (interesting time to consider this, wasn’t it?).

At the time, my limited definition of full-time ministry included being on staff at a church or working full-time for a non-profit Christian organization, and I was wrestling with the eternal value of spending the majority of my time working in the marketplace.

After some serious reflection, lots of prayer and guidance from mentors, I realized that I was indeed being called to be in full-time ministry . . . in the marketplace!

This realization that I could be in full-time ministry in the marketplace altered my entire mind-set about business, ministry and my calling. For the first time, I had peace about spending the majority of my time in the business world, and I realized that the reflecting God in my life can be expressed in various for-profit and non-profit settings over time. I’ve also learned that full-time ministry has more to do with serving God and others in the environment in which I’ve been placed, than it does with my involvement in a particular vocation, organization or business.
How do you view your life as a business professional? Is it a job? A calling? A passion? A ministry?

During this time of reflection, I realized that for me, it is all of the above.

Point to Ponder

It is possible for business professionals to also be full-time ministers.

Questions to Consider

1. Do you consider yourself to be in full-time ministry? How is your workplace a place of ministry for you right now?

2. How does Romans 12: 4-8 validate or alter your perspective of why you are expressing your gifts in the way you are today?

3. If you have never considered yourself in full-time ministry, what could you do to change your perspective?

From Devotional Ventures, © 2007 by Corey CleekPublished by Regal Books. Used by permission. Allrights reserved.


Labels: , , ,

posted by Justin Forman | 7.15.2009 - 6:11 AM

1 Comments:

I believe God has opened a door for reaching the unchurched in every community, culture, and country through on-line education. My vision is to provide parents with the very best online education available for the lowest price possible so that they can help their kids to be prepared for the great challenges of the 21st century.
Using education as the "bridge to the Gospel", we can have missionaries, national church planters, churches, and local Christians anywhere earn money by promoting online education and develop meaningful relationships that will be the bridge that God uses to bring these children to saving faith in Jesus Christ. If you are interested in learning more, contact me at spotty4@aol.com. God bless you as your reach the world with the whole Gospel. Phil

Add a comment