a Business as Mission Network:: Turn Good Business and Missions into Great Ministry: I Have a New Hero - Stanley Tam <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d27430628\x26blogName\x3dBusiness+as+Mission+Network::+Turn+Go...\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://businessasmission.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://businessasmission.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6117473324771524729', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Business as Mission Network:: Turn Good Business and Missions into Great MinistryTurn Good Business and Missions into Great Ministry with News, Resources, and Tools from the leading businesss leaders, authors, pastors around the world

I Have a New Hero - Stanley Tam

From Mark Batterson's Blog - " I have a new hero. His name is Stanley Tam. Can't even put into words how wonderful it was to listen to him preach and then share a meal. Stanley has made 93 trips around the sun! And he's still preaching. That, in and of itself, impacted me. I hope I'm still preaching when I'm 93. He has the spirit of Caleb. I had read two of his books, God Owns My Business and God's Woodshed. So I felt like I knew Stanley. I knew he had made God the Senior Partner of his business in 1955 giving God all of the stock. I knew he'd given away more than $100 million. And I knew he was a soul-winner. So I couldn't wait to meet him. But he shared some things in his message and over dinner than blew me away.He talked about the way he was inspired by George Mueller who never asked for money and God always provided. He said, "I've got the same God George Mueller has." It was so blunt yet so true. I couldn't help but think: "I've got the same God Stanley Tam has." One of the principles he shared was: get started. He shared how he started his business with $12 from his dad and $25 of his own, but he didn't let the fact that he only had $37 in capital keep him from getting started. Over dinner he said something so profound I'm still trying to grasp it. "God cannot reward Abraham yet because is seed is still multiplying." Wow. Never thought about it that way, but the truth is that everything we do for Christ multiplies for eternity! That's the tip of the iceberg, but I hope it inspires you the way it inspired me." Read more about Stanley Tam's story in his book God Owns my Business.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Justin Forman | 6.22.2009 - 7:59 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment